+ openSUSE Distribution: Done
+ Priority
+ Requester: Desirable

Requested by: cochise césar (cochisecesar)

KDE menus are shorted by app type and app subtype. I need 3 clicks for
lauch anyone. The subtype is nice, but the adictional click not.
A solution is put subtypes and apps in same leval using a tree view.
maybe with autoexpand on mouse hover, but by default expanded.

#1: Otso Rajala (daedaluz) (2010-08-16 00:23:52)
This is a major nuisance and usability hindrance. There is an option in
KMenu (Kickcoff) where user can opt to reduce menu depth, but that
creates even more confusing situation: applications which would be
alone in their categories are now one menu level below, while others
remain in sub-category if their number is larger than one. for example,
if I have both Firefox and Chromium installed, they will remain in
Browsers sub-category even after applying reduced menu depth option.
This has to be fixed.