[openFATE 309389] add /usr/local to KDEDIRS
Feature changed by: Tomáš Chvátal (scarabeus_iv)
Feature #309389, revision 5
Title: add /usr/local to KDEDIRS

openSUSE-11.3: Rejected by Andreas Jaeger (a_jaeger)
reject reason: Not done for 11.3

- openSUSE Distribution: New
+ openSUSE Distribution: Rejected by Tomáš Chvátal (scarabeus_iv)
+ reject reason: No plan to inject /usr/local anywhere. It is location
+ for user settings. The cmake can be overriden to respect the /usr
+ value.

- Requested by: Stefan Majewsky (majewsky)

By default, CMake-powered KDE apps are installed to /usr/local, but KDE
won't pickup data files and configs from this directory tree because
the KDEDIRS environment variable does not include /usr/local. This
problem can currently be circumvented by setting the installation
prefix to /usr (which is asking for trouble because of possible clashes
with RPM) or by adding /usr/local to KDEDIRS manually, which is error-
prone (esp. for new users).
Therefore, I propose that /usr/local be included in the KDEDIRS
environment variable by default (with a lower precedence than /usr, of
course).

#1: Alex Richardson (alerich) (2010-04-27 22:59:38)
I agree completely, this was a big problem to me when I started KDE-
development ~half a year ago. The *ui.rc file was not found etc. Same
issue for every self-compiled KDE-program I installed. I only found out
this was the problem a few weeks ago.