[openFATE 311029] Add Link to Documentation Site
Feature changed by: Tomáš Chvátal (scarabeus_iv)
Feature #311029, revision 5
Title: Add Link to Documentation Site

- openSUSE Distribution: New
+ openSUSE Distribution: Rejected by Tomáš Chvátal (scarabeus_iv)
+ reject reason: We no longer have greeting and on the default page there
+ is link to wiki and news which looks like quite enough. If not bugs
+ should be reported against the website.

Requested by: Thomas Schraitle (thomas-schraitle)

The official documentation seems to be not very known in the openSUSE
world. To make it more visible, I would suggest the following
improvements:
* Add a link http://docs.opensuse.org (http://docs.opensuse.org) to the
welcome screen (SUSEgreeter?) of a fresh installation
* Include http://docs.opensuse.org (http://docs.opensuse.org) to the
list of pre-installed bookmarks in Firefox, Konqueror, ...
* Maybe add an icon on the desktop which refers to the above link.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: To make the official documentation more visible and
easier to find.
This would help business products as well as the docs.opensuse.org site
contains also useful documentation for our Enterprise customers.