[openFATE 313086] Graphics Repository
Feature changed by: Tomáš Chvátal (scarabeus_iv)
Feature #313086, revision 5
Title: Graphics Repository

- openSUSE Distribution: New
+ openSUSE Distribution: Rejected by Tomáš Chvátal (scarabeus_iv)
+ reject reason: We have the update process in place in order to prevent
+ regression. If there is popular demand to have latest of package X then
+ simple request from maintainer and sufficient testing should be enough.

Requested by: Svetoslav Ganchev (sv_g)

Hi! I enjoy using openSUSE to work on both 2D and 3D graphics. However
sometimes it's hard to keep up with the current versions of the popular
applications. For example the latest versions of Blender, Inkscape or
MyPaint is usually worth upgrading. So I thought it'd be very cool for
graphic enthusiasts to have a single official repository with the
latest versions of the most popular graphic applications for the
current versions of openSUSE so that it's easy to install them.
Thanks for reading!

#1: Ludwig Nussel (lnussel) (2011-12-19 14:02:33)
ask the maintainers of such packages to submit the new version as
update to the distro instead

#2: Nicolas CARLIER (galagann) (2011-12-27 18:21:58)
Indeed, I would like to have the list of deposits Community: Graphics
Repository
Container: Inkscape, Blender, Scribus, Gimp, Fontmatrix, MyPaint ...