[openFATE 320250] Check filesystem fat32 (or others) before copy files larger than 4Gb
Feature changed by: Tomáš Chvátal (scarabeus_iv)
Feature #320250, revision 6
Title: Check filesystem fat32 (or others) before copy files larger than
4Gb

- openSUSE Distribution: Evaluation by engineering manager
+ openSUSE Distribution: Rejected by Tomáš Chvátal (scarabeus_iv)
+ reject reason: This is issue for the upstream projects like nautilus to
+ warn you. It is nothing specific to openSUSE.

Requested by: rodrigo medina (hprmedina)

Problem: When I copy a file large than 4Gb (using nautilus) in a
pendrive formatted in Fat32 (typical), the copy fails when past over
4Gb indicating "fail copy". That is because Fat32 do not support files
over 4Gb, but I forgot that, then nautilus fails later 10 minutes to
copy. ¡10 minutes waiting for error, that can be anticipated! Posible
solution: Maybe useful to check if the file is larger than the
filesystem support before start copy. Why let to pass 10 minutes to
tell me if I wrong?
Nautilus also makes some validations before start copy, for example
verify the sum of files is larger than space available, this maybe
another one.
yes i'm fool, but machines are intended for resolves my problems XD,
thanks