[openFATE 307597] Courgette
Feature changed by: Adrian Schröter (adrianSuSE)
Feature #307597, revision 8
Title: Courgette

- Buildservice: New
+ Buildservice: Rejected by Adrian Schröter (adriansuse)
+ reject date: 2017-04-18 16:46:52
+ reject reason: delta.rpm support is there now. we won't add further
+ support for now, but we welcome patches and offer support ;)

openSUSE-11.3: Rejected by Andreas Jaeger (a_jaeger)
reject date: 2010-11-04 13:37:50
reject reason: not done.

Info Provider: T. J. Brumfield (enderandrew)
Requested by: T. J. Brumfield (enderandrew)

Utilize Courgette for binary diff packages.
* This will save on bandwidth costs for Novell and mirrors.
* This will make updating quicker and easier for end-users.
* This will especially benefit users who have capped bandwidth for
downloading updates from their ISPs.
* By making the update process easier, it encourages users to stay up-
to-date, making systems more secure.

http://dev.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/software-updates-courgette

(http://dev.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/software-updates-courgette)

#1: Pavol Rusnak (prusnak) (2009-09-02 13:32:04)
AFAIK there is no code released yet. It might be worth looking once
Google makes sources available.

#2: Adrian Schröter (adriansuse) (2010-01-22 16:24:26)
we want to support delta.rpm in future. Would courgette provide any
advantage over it ?

#3: Pavol Rusnak (prusnak) (2010-01-28 13:48:53) (reply to #2)
Courgette is just an algorithm which could be a part of deltarpm. But
it would be only efficient for x86 binaries and I think Jindrich Novy
from RedHat is already workin on other ways how to improve
diffing algorithms in deltarpm.