[openFATE 310658] bypass "partitioning" option for pre-partitioned installation targets
Feature changed by: Jean Delvare (jdelvare)
Feature #310658, revision 2
Title: bypass "partitioning" option for pre-partitioned installation
targets

Requested by: Felix Miata (mrmazda)

Mandriva provides installation cmdline option that I always
use:     readonly=1 This causes normal partitioning steps to be
bypassed. No creatiion, deletion, or modification of existing
partitions is possible. Instead is presented a list of Linux native
partitions for mountpoint selection, mount options selection, whether
to format, and format to use. This is handy for both advanced users
like myself, and for frequently repeated installs, such as development
milestones. It can save significant time initializing an installation,
and it can avoid some opportunities for mistakes in one of the more
dangerous and difficult installation phases. It would be excellent for
openSUSE to have a similar installation option.

+ #1: Jean Delvare (jdelvare) (2016-02-01 16:39:16)
+ I like the idea. This feature would be consistent with the ability we
+ already have to preserve the SSH host keys of the installed system (by
+ default) and the user accounts (optionally.)
+ This could be implemented as an alternative to the fully manual
+ partition setup: read the previous system's /etc/fstab and pre-fill the
+ mount points. Then let the user adjust and continue.

List Navigation