[New: openFATE 319963] Install packages in onion filesystem firstly
Feature added by: Sławomir Lach (Lachu)

Feature #319963, revision 1
Title: Install packages in onion filesystem firstly

Requester: Neutral

Requested by: Sławomir Lach (lachu)

Zypper and other tools should use special layered filesystem, which will ship
package number/name for each file. One package cannot overwrite existing file
if the number/name doesn't match - installing will fail. Also, install process
first try to unpack all files on first layer, then executing script will take
place on second layer. When some program will create/change file on second
layer, which was generated on first layer, then transaction will fail. When on
zero layer file was changed, which was changed on second layer, we will retake
all changes on second layer. After each install operation is done, we can flush
changes to zero layer.

Use Case:
Martin will install many program. Thanks to this simple change, installing
could go in same time.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: In my opinion, the could be faster than current mechanism, more
secure and allowing to not wait until some program unlock package database.

List Navigation