errors, no broken) to prevent syncing out of a likely broken/non-
installable state. This would be especially useful for automatic
upgraded snapshots with a whole chain of interdepending packages.

#1: Adrian Schröter (adriansuse) (2010-01-22 16:20:31)
Should be a "publish only if no fail/broken/expansion errors exist)

#2: Adrian Schröter (adriansuse) (2010-02-20 12:11:31)
My suggestion is to make it possible via
setting.

#3: Jan Engelhardt (jengelh) (2010-02-20 20:05:40)
At the same time, could we have a tunable that publishes packages
"every once in a while" (like, X hours), otherwise I am getting no sync
for days with large projects.

#4: Adrian Schröter (adriansuse) (2010-05-20 09:09:38)
That feature still needs discussion, moving to 2.5.

#5: grant k (grantksupport) (2014-06-11 02:44:10)
Adrian pointed me here from my own post,
https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/issues/702
+1 on this capability to keep critical repos available.

#6: Jimmy Berry (boombatower) (2015-11-18 06:52:50)
Or even one step further. No packages are in flux (ie building). That
can definitely happen with large repositories like KDE updates and such
as I used a lot in the past. Not so much with Tumbleweed.
Perhaps a pre-publish step that checks that package dependendies can be
satisfied which would allow individual packages to require exact
versions if they need them and not when they don't. A bit more granular
control and should still solve the wait until no errors in the original
request.

#7: Richard Brown (rbrownsuse) (2015-11-18 10:31:56) (reply to #6)
Well in the case of Tumbleweed, we effectively have a 'Publish on Test
Success' mode, and given that testing only happens after Building, this
feature is unnecessary in the case of Tumbleweed
This is one of the reasons why users should consider using Tumbleweed
instead of adding too many of their own repositories, and one of the
reasons why maintainers should strive to push and maintain as much as
they can in Tumbleweed

+ #8: Tomas Cech (sleep_walker) (2015-11-18 14:18:05)
+ Isn't it de facto the same as if you just use openSUSE:Factory
+ repositories?