[openFATE 317762] git mirror integration
Feature changed by: Adrian Schröter (adrianSuSE)
Feature #317762, revision 6
Title: git mirror integration

Buildservice: Evaluation by project manager
Milestone: 2.7
+ Projectmanager: Mandatory

Requested by: Adrian Schröter (adriansuse)

OBS can already roll tar balls from git (or other SCM systems) on code
change, however, this has two disadvantages:
* source server needs to store new tar ball for each change
* using files as build descriptions is only working via workarounds.
A full scm mirroring support would allow to mirror an entire git tree
on the source server and fetch only updates. This means we need to
* store only incrementable changes
* provide the checkout as directory structure to the workers
* allow to package them as archive during build time
* define a best practice how to use build descriptions directly from
SCM

Use Case:
The Cloud team, the Storage team, YaST team and Zypper devs all have
developed different workarounds for lack of this feature. E.g. for SUSE
Cloud we currently have two jenkins jobs calling (on dedicated worker
VMs) track-upstream-and-package.pl which calls osc service dr, checks
for changes, adds the ChangeLog and commits the new tarball. Currently
this only happens once a day to not fill up OBS storage.