[New: openFATE 314869] Automatically install missing translations in a localized system
Feature added by: Thomas Göttlicher (tgoettlicher)

Feature #314869, revision 1
Title: Automatically install missing translations in a localized system

Requester: Neutral

Requested by: Thomas Göttlicher (tgoettlicher)

This was bnc #802677. After installation I found that the Dutch translation was
far from complete in my Dutch localized system. When starting YaST with
internet connection, I could download no more new translations for Dutch. When
I issued the terminal command "zypper inr", I could finally install a huge
amount of missing Dutch translations. Then I rebooted, and my system was
largely translated. In my opinion, YaST should offer automatically to install
the missing translations in a localized system, and whe shouldn't have to
depend on the terminal for this. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1.
Install with the DVD without internet connection; 2. After the installation,
establish internet connection; 3. Check whether the language tool of YaST has
some missing translations for you; 4. Issue the terminal command "zypper inr".
Actual Results: Only "zypper inr" gave me the missing translations. Expected
Results: YaST should have offered me to install missing translations, after I
established internet connection. I use the Xfce desktop. This sounds as a yast
feature request that I fully support. Probably too late for 12.3, though.

I guess, with some trickery you can accomplish the same with yast already today
(deselecting/selecting "Dutch" in the software manager, something along these
lines).

List Navigation