[openFATE 314593] Package Maintainer Handling
Feature changed by: Ruediger Oertel (oertel)
Feature #314593, revision 3
Title: Package Maintainer Handling

Buildservice: Evaluation by engineering manager
Milestone: 2.4
Projectmanager: Mandatory

Requested by: Adrian Schröter (adriansuse)

The goal is to drop PDB for handling maintainership of packages. As
consequence we need to have an easy interface (webui and osc) to find
out the responsible person or team for a given package.
The user should just be able to enter a package name or a disturl to
find the right person.
OBS always needs a project and package context to find the bugowner or
maintainer. Therefore we need to specify a default project to search
in. The following UI and workflow is suggested:
UI offers just a text field beside a combo box. The combo box is set to
the default marked project (eg. openSUSE:Factory). Aftwards also all
maintenance_release projects shall be listed. Last but not least maybe
an option to specify any other project.
The UI shall check if it finds a source package container with the
given name. If this fails it should search via binarie search.
The returned project/package container needs to be checked for a devel
area.
The UI shows first defined bugowner if defined or maintainer as fall
back.
Business case (Partner benefit): openSUSE.org: Obsolete PDB.

#1: Adrian Schröter (adriansuse) (2012-11-06 11:55:25)
We have a discussion about this on thursday, 08 Nov 2012 in room Paris
at 14:00. Feel free to join.

+ #2: Ruediger Oertel (oertel) (2013-02-22 00:24:31)
+ test comment to see if fate can send mail (sorry for the noise)