[openFATE 314853] Remove xterm and icewm from default installation
Feature changed by: Michael Catanzaro (Golbats_Everywhere)
Feature #314853, revision 2
Title: Remove xterm and icewm from default installation

openFATE: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Jared Meidal (kahu)

xterm and icewm are great alternatives, but seem redundant when always
bundled with default installations of Gnome or KDE's terminal (gnome-
terminal, konsole). Also, having the icewm session is a great fallback
and useful for emergency access but really necessary by default? I have
found that if I remove xterm is removed the bundle with icewm, but also
xorg-X11 and other packages. When this happens GDM will not launch
after a reboot without CLI commands.
This does not feel intuitive for a smooth default system, or helpful
for a user who is wanting to clean up their packages or menu items they
do not use.

+ #1: Michael Catanzaro (golbats_everywhere) (2013-02-17 23:03:49)
+ At least xterm should definitely not be installed by default.

List Navigation