[New: openFATE 314853] Remove xterm and icewm from default installation
Feature added by: Jared Meidal (kahu)

Feature #314853, revision 1
Title: Remove xterm and icewm from default installation

openFATE: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Jared Meidal (kahu)

xterm and icewm are great alternatives, but seem redundant when always bundled
with default installations of Gnome or KDE's terminal (gnome-terminal,
konsole). Also, having the icewm session is a great fallback and useful for
emergency access but really necessary by default? I have found that if I remove
xterm is removed the bundle with icewm, but also xorg-X11 and other packages.
When this happens GDM will not launch after a reboot without CLI commands.

This does not feel intuitive for a smooth default system, or helpful for a user
who is wanting to clean up their packages or menu items they do not use.

List Navigation