[openFATE 312642] Timeframe for building
Feature changed by: James Tan (jatan11)
Feature #312642, revision 2
Title: Timeframe for building

SUSE Studio: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Kim Leyendecker (openlhag)

I´m currently maintain openSUSE remastered 11.1. It´s build for
keeping an openSUSE 11.1 image up to date using the evergreen repos.
I´m doing Service Packs in a fix schedule. Upgrading the packages and
rebuild the system is kinda pain for me. So, a feature which you can
use to give Studio a time schedule for updating the appliance would be
nice. *How it works?* Well, the best way would be to choose a GUI where
the following is included: Automatic build all: * 6 weeks * every month
* every week * 6 months * (type in your desired timeframe) New build
if: * an package get updated in the repository * just do it on time,
don´t care about packages Which number should be counted higher: * the
major number * the minor number * the release number Using Hermes, the
maintainer would get the latest build information in a changelog:
Appliance name: xxx Based on: openSUSE /SUSE Linux Enterprise Current
version: mm.ii.rr new packages: Firefox 3.6.19 -> Firefox 5.0.1
Thunderbird 3.1.0 -> Thunderbird 5.0 Linux 2.6.32 -> Linux 3.0rc7 ...
comments: --

Use Case:
doing releases on time, like I do.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: Because so we can automatically create releases on a time
based model. This becomes important when we want to ship Service
Packs.

+ #1: James Tan (jatan11) (2013-02-04 19:39:34)
+ For now, you can use the Studio API
+ (http://susestudio.com/help/api/index.html) to trigger new builds.