[openFATE 310075] Rss Owl
Feature changed by: Marguerite Su (MargueriteSu)
Feature #310075, revision 2
Title: Rss Owl

- Package Wishlist: Unconfirmed
+ Package Wishlist: Rejected by Marguerite Su (margueritesu)
+ reject reason: we can't package better than the one you download from
+ its website
Priority
Requester: Neutral

Requested by: matthias propst (l1zard)

Applications that collect data from RSS-compliant sites are called RSS
readers or "aggregators." RSSOwl is such an application. RSSOwl lets
you gather, organize, update, and store information from any compliant
source in a convenient, easy to use interface, save selected
information in various formats for offline viewing and sharing, and
much more. It's easy to configure and the best of all: It's platform-
independent .

http://www.rssowl.org/overview

+ #1: Marguerite Su (margueritesu) (2013-01-23 07:36:06)
+ It's basically a Java package. openSUSE didn't package Java software
+ that much because it's easy to install/use and cross-platform. to
+ include it in a repository means it will be always at the old state. we
+ can't do better than the one you download from its website. I hope you
+ can understand our concern.