+ that should be deprecated.
+ I am asking that a slider be implemented to create and resize
+ partitions in megabytes, gigabytes and in the near future terabytes.

#1: Ned Ulbricht (ned_ulbricht) (2013-01-02 17:59:15)
Cylinder alignment is still required for dual-boot compatability with
Windows XP.
That use case may or may not be all that important to us anymore.
However, at the very least, a change which breaks things in that
scenario should be well-documented as NOT SUPPORTED anymore.
There are known issues with MBR partitioning using Microsoft Vista (or
later) diskpart, which aligns on 1MB boundaries, when XP compatibility
is still required. I don't have a setup like that myself, so I'm not up
on the exact details. But the issues have bitten others.

#2: Ned Ulbricht (ned_ulbricht) (2013-01-02 18:21:17) (reply to #1)
Here's one of the known issues:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931760
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931760) "You cannot install Windows XP
successfully after you use Windows Vista or Windows PE 2.0 to create
partitions on a hard disk"