[openFATE 314624] Re-implement the Section Management tab in YAST - Boot Loader for grub2
Feature changed by: Lukas Krejza (gryffus)
Feature #314624, revision 7
Title: Re-implement the Section Management tab in YAST - Boot Loader
for grub2

Requested by: Mircea Kitsune (mirceakitsune)

Since grub2 became default for openSUSE, I upgraded to it from grub.
Everything works well, but there's one inconvenience: The fields to
modify and sort entries are gone from Yast -> System -> Boot Loader. It
would be nice if this section could implement the same menu for grub2,
so users with less experience don't need to hack configuration files to
modify entries.
For grub, there was a "Section Management" tab and a "Boot Loader
Installation" tab in the Boot Loader window. When grub2 is installed,
the first tab is gone, and only the second one exists. Here is a
screenshot (not mine) showing the tab that existed for grub and is gone
in grub2: http://i45.tinypic.com/lfpyq.png

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: It would be nice if this section could implement the same

#1: Dainius Masiliunas (greatemerald) (2012-11-19 18:26:22)
It's actually there, you just need to look in a different place. It's
under "Bootloader options" in the Boot Loader Installation tab. But
it's true that it does not have all the functionality of the old
Section Management tab, you can only modify the options for the
openSUSE section.

#2: Mircea Kitsune (mirceakitsune) (2012-11-19 20:57:05) (reply to #1)
I only noticed you can specify the default entry, and IIRC a few
parameters. But yeah, I am talking about re-implementing the
customization that existed for grub1.

+ #3: Lukas Krejza (gryffus) (2013-01-02 15:23:24)
+ There is also no ability to rename grub entries and adding some custom
+ entries. This is a serious regression to many users...