[openFATE 304951] Automated tests for .deb packages
Feature changed by: Claudio Freire (klaussfreire)
Feature #304951, revision 6
Title: Automated tests for .deb packages

Buildservice: New

Requested by: Marko Jung (markojung)

As we already have rpmlint integrated into the build service, we also
should integrate the corresponding debian checks to the build system.
Debian offers three tools for automated checks:
* lintian (http://lintian.debian.org/)
* linda (http://people.debian.org/~stevenk/linda/)
* debdiff (from devscripts)
(http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/devscripts)
Further information on automated package tests can be found in Section A.2 of
the Debian Developer's Referemce
(http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ap-tools.en.html#s-tools-lint)
.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: For the (trust) metrics project we need as many
statistical information we can get. Therefore we should add as many
automated tests as possible to our system.

+ #1: Claudio Freire (klaussfreire) (2012-05-07 08:26:00)
+ Shouldn't this be doable in prjconf at the project level? Any
+ documentation about this so I could try? (I'd be interested in trying)