packages for the community did show any results. Is the community
interested at all? Did the last press announcement result in increased
download numbers?

#1: Pavol Rusnak (prusnak) (2009-03-11 11:15:48)
I think that https://features.opensuse.org/305877 is better solution
for your usecase. Usage count is better than the download count.

#2: Andrew Beekhof (beekhof) (2009-03-11 11:57:54)
305877 is also useful but I'd prefer the raw download numbers for the
simple reason that it doesn't require user involvement. To add to the
usecase, this feature allows us to know when to jettison both packages
and build targets which: - reduces the load (both build and disk-space)
on the OBS infrastructure - reduces the workload for maintainers

#3: Carsten Hoeger (choeger) (2009-03-12 13:04:28)
Yes, exactly.

#4: Adrian Schröter (adriansuse) (2010-02-20 11:02:04)
The implementation for this is actually there, but it needs
optimization work. Maybe even a redesign.

+ #5: Claudio Freire (klaussfreire) (2012-01-31 16:14:57)
+ What exactly does need an improvement/optimization? If I'm given a few
+ pointers, I could try to provide a patch, I'm interested in this
+ feature for the exact reasons given above.

List Navigation