[New: openFATE 313177] Persistent mountpoints in /media
Feature added by: Ned Ulbricht (ned_ulbricht)

Feature #313177, revision 1
Title: Persistent mountpoints in /media

Requested by: Ned Ulbricht (ned_ulbricht)

Prior to 12.1, it was simple to create persistent directories for use as
mountpoints under /media. Going back even further, /media itself was added to
the FHS because many people had been creating persistent mountpoints under
/mnt, and the consensus was that /mnt should be reserved for its traditional
use as a top-level temporary mountpoint. Now however, in 12.1, with the
adoption of systemd, /media is being mounted as a tmpfs. In addition this
change was also rolled into the sysvinit setup. See
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2011-10/msg00546.html

Since I'm using sysvinit with 12.1 (and not going to switch to systemd for
anything other than test use during this release cycle), for now I've just
decided to comment out the lines that mount /media as a tmpfs in
/etc/init.d/boot.localfs

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: Gratuitously breaking stuff that used to work makes people
grumpy. Very grumpy.

List Navigation