[New: openFATE 313167] More "sane" dependencies for packages
Feature added by: Chris Brown (katanacb)

Feature #313167, revision 1
Title: More "sane" dependencies for packages

Requested by: Chris Brown (katanacb)

More sane dependencies in the distribution.

The dependencies for openSUSE's packages don't seem to make sense. I've posted
a few times on the openSUSE message boards about this, but I don't understand
why i need iPhone libraries for ksnapshot, or why I need evolution libraries in
(what I want to be) 100% pure KDE distribution. Deleting them is a day-long
walk-through with YaST and resolving dependency problems that IMHO shouldn't be
there in the first place.

Other distributions don't have this same problem, so it's something to do with
packaging in this distribution. I'm not slamming the developers for this, I'm
just saying that some of the library and application dependencies don't seem to
make sense and should maybe be looked at a bit closer.

List Navigation