[openFATE 311246] Loading kernel modules and running services via DBus
Feature changed by: Johannes Meixner (jsmeix)
Feature #311246, revision 7
Title: Loading kernel modules and running services via DBus

Requested by: SÅ‚awomir Lach (lachu)

Add new PolicyKit enabled deamons to load/stop services and load/unload
kernel modules.
For outdated tools, we can add running dbus oriented service into
running script, like OpenOffice will automatically starts CUPS service
on startup, but when OO will be integrated too, we will remove
automatically start of CUPS from script.

Use Case:
Mathew is running VirtualBox installed from standard repository, so
PolicyKit will ask him to input password - it's necessary to load
VirtualBox kernel module

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: Actually many programs will need more dbus oriented
service starting. VirtualBox will need load additional module.
Actually many services started unnecessary, when it should start on
dbus activation(with enhancement of policykit). We can add start of
CUPS command to script starting our program.

#1: Jan Engelhardt (jengelh) (2011-10-03 22:16:59)
There is no automatic way to determine whether a kernel module is
"safe" to be unloaded (without suddenly removing functionality).

+ #2: Johannes Meixner (jsmeix) (2012-01-19 12:51:01)
+ Via systemd you can start cupsd only when a process actually wants to
+ access it (e.g. only when you actually want to print from an
+ application).