[New: openFATE 313152] Distribution cleanup (smaller disk footprint)
Feature added by: Andreas Jaeger (a_jaeger)

Feature #313152, revision 1
Title: Distribution cleanup (smaller disk footprint)

openSUSE Distribution: New

Requested by: Andreas Jaeger (a_jaeger)

We want to have an as small as default base system (default text install) as
possible.

For this, I suggest to install a base system and investigate then what can be
done to decrease the footprint.

One idea is to check documentation (in /usr/share/doc/packages) and move them
to doc or devel package (with the exception of license files). Also, we can
check whether all dependencies (manual requires) are still correct - or in
other words: Does every package that's there needs to be in the base install?

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: A small base system is important especially for appliances and
virtual environments.

List Navigation