good when compared to some of the other open source tools, not to
mention that it's still a very active project. It supports html 5, css
3, and has an integrated svg editor, among other things.

#1: Satoru Matsumoto (heliosreds) (2011-05-21 02:10:06)
Ricardo, would you please explain what BlueGriffon actually is, why do
you think it is "very good" and point the URL of the project?

#2: Ricardo Martins (rikhard) (2011-05-21 12:15:41) (reply to #1)
Thank you for your comment, Satoru. I've already updated the
description, hope it helps.

#3: Graham Davis (cloddy) (2011-05-25 14:46:33)
The WYSIWYG editor currently distributed with openSUSE is Kompozer (
http://www.kompozer.net/ (http://www.kompozer.net/) ). This was a
further development of nVu. Although the last release was 0.8b3 in
March 2010, it seems that work has not ceased on it. Some comments on
the current state of Kompozer, along with a couple of thoughts on
BlueGriffon, can be found at
http://wysifauthoring.informe.com/forum/kompozer-development-f11/is-the-development-of-kompozer-continuing-t3292.html

(http://wysifauthoring.informe.com/forum/kompozer-development-f11/is-the-development-of-kompozer-continuing-t3292.html)

#4: Peter Gumbrell (gumb) (2011-09-30 11:21:08)
BlueGriffon 1.2 has just been released:
http://bluegriffon.org/post/2011/09/29/BlueGriffon-1.2
I have previously suggested to the developer to use the OBS to build
packages but so far no response on that. Currently he only builds for
Ubuntu and sometimes others chip in with Fedora or other packages, but
nothing for SUSE. Could somebody who understands OBS possibly have a
look at it and/or give him a nudge in that direction?

+ #5: Wolfgang Rosenauer (wrosenauer) (2012-01-08 20:22:52) (reply to
+ #4)
+ BlueGriffon 1.3.1 is available in the mozilla repository for now. I plan to
request
+ inclusion into Factory soon to hit 12.2.