[New: openFATE 313117] provide a distribution-synchronization(distro-sync) command for zypper
Feature added by: Elmar Stellnberger (estellnb)

Feature #313117, revision 1
Title: provide a distribution-synchronization(distro-sync) command for zypper

Requested by: Elmar Stellnberger (estellnb)

A distribution-synchronization command for zypper would in my mind be a good
idea: Sometimes it is better to strictly synchronize with all currently
available package sources than to leave packages which have become unreachable
in place. This means that packages which are no more available through any
active repository will be deleted. This option can either be used for up- or
downgrading and will always produce a clean system. Red Hats yum does already
provide this feature. It could furthermore save us from implementing an even
more complicated rollback system which would be more resource intense and
sometimes also undesireable f.i. if we have installed some new packages in the
meanwhile which we wanna keep.

List Navigation