[openFATE 310109] 3rd party web site integration support for installing/downloading software from OBS.
Feature changed by: Hendrik Vogelsang (hennevogel)
Feature #310109, revision 7
Title: 3rd party web site integration support for
installing/downloading software from OBS.

- Buildservice: Evaluation by engineering manager
+ Buildservice: Done
Milestone: 2.5
Projectmanager: Important

Requested by: Adrian Schröter (adriansuse)

We lack an easy way to add a link on any 3rd party site for downloading
and/or installing a package or software stack from any defined
repository. There should be a simple html snippet which either loads a
java script based popup or opens a small and easy to use html (without
javascript) popup.
The popup window should offer to select a base distro (and in best case
detect it somehow) and the way for installation:
* download rpm/deb
* add repository
* 1-Click installation via YMP
* Pattern installation, if a pattern has been defined on OBS.
I think we need different implementations of this snippet, because
there are different kind of web designs out there. But having one with
javascript popup and one without would be a great start already.
The html snippet should contain also a link back to OBS and/or back to
the Project in OBS.
A html snippet should allow to specify:
* Used project and either
* * List of packages to show or install step by step or
* * A pattern to install
AI: adrian, create a more detailed plan in wiki
Robert, it would be great to have some mockups how this could look
alike

#1: Thomas Schmidt (digitaltomm) (2010-07-13 15:05:48)
What we already have is support for a search result for one
package/project eg:
http://software.opensuse.org/search?q=esniper&baseproject=openSUSE%3A11.
3&lang=en&exclude_debug=true&project=home:digitaltomm

#2: Adrian Schröter (adriansuse) (2011-04-04 13:25:17)
Still very desirable, but no resources for doing it.

+ #3: Hendrik Vogelsang (hennevogel) (2011-12-05 14:30:38)
+ The latest booster milestone has produced this:
+ http://software.opensuse.org/download/doc