openSUSE.org: The Mate repo can be used by users who cant run Gnome3 or
for users that don`t like Gnome3 but still like Gnome2, old school
look.

#1: Ilya Chernykh (ansus) (2011-11-13 02:37:52)
Linux Mint reported 40% increase in user base due the fact they stick
with Gnome 2.
http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1847

#2: ursan marius bogdan (creatura85) (2011-11-17 14:43:43) (reply to
#1)
That`s true, i wonder if this can boost openSUSE in popularity as well :)

+ #3: xitix collian (xitix) (2011-12-01 09:45:29)
+ It is like Gnome Desktop Environment developers are now working against
+ Linux... Pure Gnome3 is just a BIG & major regress on Linux desktop, it
+ makes Linux desktop productivity more difficult and bring useless
+ features. Even the bars are frozen, you cannot interact, neither visual
+ customize or configure anything. The only Linux Mint & Mate bring some
+ hope... I have installed open SUSE just because Linux Mint 12 have some
+ installation bugs on HP d530 desktop, if no Mate repo I will leave open
+ SUSE.