[openFATE 312585] Iceweasel instead of Firefox
Feature changed by: Andreas Jaeger (a_jaeger)
Feature #312585, revision 2
Title: Iceweasel instead of Firefox

Requested by: Kim Leyendecker (openlhag)

With the new scheme of version numbers at Mozilla (called by myself
"the idiot scheme") and the result, that the add-on-developers need to
- do a major-port every 3-6 months, I think it´s necessary to drop
+ do a major-port every 3-6 months, I think it's necessary to drop
Firefox and set Iceweasel instead as default.

Use Case:
The normal firefox-user will get a more stable ff-release
The user will get more add-ons because the Iceweasel is still on the
3.6.x firefox base which gets support.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: It would be easier for us to garantee a full time support
- for ff during the whole release cycle of openSUSE 12.1
+ for Firefox during the whole release cycle of openSUSE 12.1

List Navigation