[openFATE 312564] Add Iron To The repos
Feature changed by: Satoru Matsumoto (HeliosReds)
Feature #312564, revision 2
Title: Add Iron To The repos

- openSUSE Distribution: Unconfirmed
+ openSUSE Distribution: Duplicate of #312567
+ Master status: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Narayansamy S (vazhavandan)

Add Iron To The repos This seems to be a promising browser based on
chromium source Kindly consider adding it to opensuse repos
Iron removes all the questionable features from chrome Ref:-
http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_chrome_vs_iron.php

+ Relations:
+ - (feature/duplicate: 312567)

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: I read about tools, which try to anonymize Chrome. Why
not use these? Right, there are tools, which try to do the same than
Iron. But these don't work with the sourcecode and so they only provide
a limited control. E.g. they can't disbale functions like th URL-
Tracker.
Can i really check that Iron doesn't submit any private data, how you
say?
Yes, you can. There are tools like Wireshark, which scan the whole
network-traffic. We could not recognize any obvious activity. But you
can proof this by yourself. PS: We also disabled the DNS-Precaching by
default, because this could perhaps used by spammers (see this Link)

List Navigation