[New: openFATE 312567] Add Iron To The repos
Feature added by: Narayansamy S (vazhavandan)

Feature #312567, revision 1
Title: Add Iron To The repos

Requested by: Narayansamy S (vazhavandan)

Add Iron To The repos This seems to be a promising browser based on chromium
source Kindly consider adding it to opensuse repos

Iron removes all the questionable features from chrome Ref:-
http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_chrome_vs_iron.php

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: I read about tools, which try to anonymize Chrome. Why not use
these?

Right, there are tools, which try to do the same than Iron. But these don't
work with the sourcecode and so they only provide a limited control. E.g. they
can't disbale functions like th URL-Tracker.

Can i really check that Iron doesn't submit any private data, how you say?

Yes, you can. There are tools like Wireshark, which scan the whole
network-traffic. We could not recognize any obvious activity. But you can proof
this by yourself. PS: We also disabled the DNS-Precaching by default, because
this could perhaps used by spammers (see this Link)

List Navigation