[openFATE 312120] Make default KDE theme greenish, to match whole system
Feature changed by: m s (miki100)
Feature #312120, revision 7
Title: Make default KDE theme greenish, to match whole system

- openSUSE 11.5: Unconfirmed
+ openSUSE 12.1: Unconfirmed

Package Wishlist: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Dino E (d_e)

We really need to make default KDE theme green, to match whole system
greenish appearance. It's involves just two steps: make default green
icon set (like
http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Oxygen-Refit+2+-+Green+Version?content=84683

(http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Oxygen-Refit+2+-+Green+Version?content=84683)
) and make default green colours (like
http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Ordinary+Green?content=107944
(http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Ordinary+Green?content=107944)
)

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: It's kinda ugly when you have blue icons and colours in
otherwise green system. Also blue is highly overused nowadays -
remember default themes in windows xp-7, mac os x, and tons of other
linux distributions.

#1: m s (miki100) (2011-03-25 18:04:22)
Yes, that is great idea. I also wanted to submit it. Gnome version of
openSUSE has its great Sonar theme, while KDE desktop always sticks
with blue Oxygen. Changing colour scheme to this from description would
be good (I also changed my color scheme to that), changing icons too.
openSUSE was and will be green ;) Have a lot of fun! :)

#2: Benjamin Misja (alvanx) (2011-03-28 12:57:03)
Hi,
I created Ordinary Green, and I fully agree that openSUSE shouldn't use
the default blue KDE colors. (Thank you for taking my color scheme as
an example! :-) ) For icons though, too much green might make it look
unprofessional. There might be a point for using green instead of blue
folder icons. Take Mint, for example: I think they (used to) go a
little too far on greenifying everything (now they use Faenza for most
things, which looks real nice). No problem with a few good accents of
green on those awesome Oxygen icons though.

+ #3: m s (miki100) (2011-06-06 15:35:27)
+ I created another color scheme, which we could use in KDE. It is based
+ on Sonar from GNOME. More details on my blog here:
+ http://my.opera.com/miki100/blog/2011/06/05/sonar-color-scheme-for-kde