[openFATE 311011] Boot option "toram"
Feature changed by: Roger Luedecke (Shadowolf7)
Feature #311011, revision 6
Title: Boot option "toram"

openSUSE Distribution: New

Requested by: Matti Vahalinna (waxborg)

I've long been amazed about the speed of DamnSmallLinux on a low spec
machine when run completely in RAM. I've also seen that this is
possible with Gentoo and Ubuntu nowadays.
I would love to see this feature in openSUSE Live. This would greatly
also improve the impression that new users get when they try out the
Live system.
So you boot from the Live media and give it an option 'toram' after
which a RAM disk is created, the system is copied there and then it is
run completely from there.

Relations:
- BootToRAM on ubuntu (url: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BootToRAM)

+ #1: Roger Luedecke (shadowolf7) (2011-06-02 02:55:56)
+ I think this would only be feasible for a lighter distro.