[openFATE 311115] libvirt support installation from Amazon machine images
Feature changed by: Peter Bowen (pzb)
Feature #311115, revision 2
Title: libvirt support installation from Amazon machine images

Hackweek VI: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Chunyan Liu (cyliu)

Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) are preconfigured with an ever-growing
list of operating systems. It provides hundreds of free and paid images
for user to use and create virtual machine. If libvirt can handle AMI
imags, then with virt-install, we can allow users to create most kinds
of guest OSes (OpenSolaris, RedHat, Fedora, Debian,...) based on those
AMI images.

+ #1: Peter Bowen (pzb) (2011-01-21 16:47:46)
+ Very interesting idea. I would be happy to help with technical details
+ about AMIs.

List Navigation