[openFATE 311142] One-click appliance installer for SUSE Gallery
Feature changed by: Cornelius Schumacher (cschum)
Feature #311142, revision 2
Title: One-click appliance installer for SUSE Gallery

Hackweek VI: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Cornelius Schumacher (cschum)

SUSE Gallery provides something like an app store for appliances. There
are lots of great appliances available for download there. But it's not
always easy to actually use them, because they need some installation
step, like deploying them into a virtual machine, burning them on a CD,
- or writing them to a disk. Following the idea of the openSUSE one-click
- package installer, we could implement a one-click installer for
- appliances, which would be triggered by a single click in SUSE Gallery,
- and then do whatever is needed on the user's system to install and run
- the appliance.
+ or writing them to a disk.
+ Following the idea of the openSUSE one-click package installer, we
+ could implement a one-click installer for appliances, which would be
+ triggered by a single click in SUSE Gallery, and then do whatever is
+ needed on the user's system to install and run the appliance.
This could be based on an extended version of the YMP format, and a
dedicated client-side application, which would then deal for example
with running KVM.

List Navigation