[openFATE 309307] Add mediacenter software as default for desktop install
Feature changed by: Denny Beyer (lumnis)
Feature #309307, revision 2
Title: Add mediacenter software as default for desktop install

+ openSUSE Distribution: Unconfirmed
+ Priority
+ Requester: Desirable

Requested by: Denny Beyer (lumnis)

It would be a "nice to have" would a mediacenter software be running
out of the box with any desktop installation, similar to what you find
on Mac's. While I don't really have a good overview on what is
available, I hope many people share their ideas and experience with
various packages here.
What I would like to see is an out of the box working
audio/video/images/tv application running exclusively on my screen
controllable with a remote.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: To give desktop users some "cool stuff" with a "wow
factor" - and not just a workhorse desktop OS