[openFATE 310397] kmldonkey for opensuse
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 13:01:13 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Eduard Huguet (eduardhc)
Feature #310397, revision 5
Title: kmldonkey for opensuse

Buildservice: Done

Requested by: Andreas Ritter (eddie8_de)

A package of kmldonkey (kde-extragear) for opensuse 11.3 and following
versions would be very nice!
See http://userbase.kde.org/KMLDonkey

#1: Jos Poortvliet (jospoortvliet) (2010-08-22 18:30:32)
Agreed. It just needs a packager to make it on build.opensuse.org -
which is actually really easy. Anyone can do it from a windows system
from the webbrowser - if they're willing to put in some time. Maybe you
feel like it?
I recently learned about the buildservice and wanted to make an
example, a how-to, of it, but don't have had time yet. Again, however,
it is or rather should be really simple. I wonder if you could help me
- if you feel up to it. You would need
this:  http://www.kdedevelopers.org/blog/280
(http://www.kdedevelopers.org/blog/280)
You, or anyone else reading this, up for trying this out and screenshotting
every step so it can be turned into an how-to?

#2: Jos Poortvliet (jospoortvliet) (2010-08-22 18:31:37)
To be more precise, this post: http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/4265

#3: Sascha Peilicke (saschpe) (2010-12-20 09:08:25)
Available in the KDE:KDE3 and filesharing Build Service repositories.

+ #4: Eduard Huguet (eduardhc) (2010-12-28 13:01:05) (reply to #3)
+ This is the KDE3 version. Wouldn't it be better to provide the KDE4
+ one, which also includes a plasma applet?
+ The lemmy04
+ (http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/lemmy04/openSUSE_11.3)
repository
+ provides a kmldonkey 2.0 package, but it's compiled against the
+ upstream version of KDE, not the standard one released with OpenSUSE.
+ Maybe I could give it a try to the OBS service and attempt to build the
+ package myself, I don't know how hard can this be. I have a fairly
+ extense experience regarding Qt development, and I've even collaborated
+ (very sparsely, I admit) with some KDE projects in the past, so maybe
+ this can make things easier for me.
+ Kind regards