[openFATE 310683] Simple Scan (simple-scan)
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 15:42:07 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Thomas Schmidt (digitaltomm)
Feature #310683, revision 2
Title: Simple Scan (simple-scan)

- openSUSE-11.4: Unconfirmed
+ Package Wishlist: Done
Priority
- Requester: Important
+ Requester: Desirable

Requested by: Nelson Marques (ketheriel)

Easy Scan - Is a very pretty straight away tool for scanning stuff. I
understand we ship xsane by default, though offering both would be
probably a good choice. For me and my hardware, (I need to scan a
couple of documents once in a while) it does do the trick with a few
simple clicks. This is very helpful if you are in a rush (usually if I
scan something is because I am in a rush). It just works.
It is on Factory and openSUSE 11.3, could be default installed on 11.4.
It makes all the sense within a GNOME Desktop oriented installation..
http://launchpad.net/simple-scan

+ Relations:
+ - GNOME:Apps (obs/project: GNOME:Apps)

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: Why we should consider seriously: * It most likely would
meet the requirements of a wider audience; * Because it's already
maintained and packaged for current version and Factory; * Because it's
more user friendly than xsane and offer better integration in GNOME
Desktops; * Because it's a stabilized packaged it's free software; One
remark: this isn't about removing xsane, but instead provide simple-
scan as default for GNOME Desktop.

+ #1: Thomas Schmidt (digitaltomm) (2010-12-20 15:41:34)
+ Available in GNOME:Apps in the build service now.