[openFATE 310830] Pinta project added
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 14:09:38 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Thomas Schmidt (digitaltomm)
Feature #310830, revision 3
Title: Pinta project added

- openSUSE-11.4: Unconfirmed
+ openSUSE-11.4: Done

Requested by: Jared Meidal (kahu)

The mono-based graphics editor ought to be integrated with next
OpenSUSE release:
http://pinta-project.com/
Ubuntu has dropped GIMP integration, which is not what I'm looking for,
but simply support for an additional project that fits a beginning-
intermediate graphic editor user base.

+ Relations:
+ - Mono:Community (obs/project: Mono:Community)

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: Pinta offers an easy and accessible interface for
beginners and tools for intermediate graphic editing. The fact that
this is an attractive and usable application contrasts with GIMP which
has its place but can make novices feel lost and unsure of where to
start. I suggest the OpenSUSE community get behind this project,
develop rpm builds and add it into their 11.4 repositories! We need
more attractive, sleek interfaces which are highly functional and
provide the tools for our audience-- I think we're missing out if we
skip this one.

+ #1: Thomas Schmidt (digitaltomm) (2010-12-20 14:09:31)
+ Packaged in Mono:Community