[openFATE 310982] Please add Lightspark as a standard avant-garde/forefront browser flash player
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 15:43:48 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Sascha Peilicke (saschpe)
Feature #310982, revision 2
Title: Please add Lightspark as a standard avant-garde/forefront
browser flash player

- Buildservice: Unconfirmed
- Priority
- Requester: Important

Requested by: Carlo Strata (carlo_strata)

I think Lightspark https://launchpad.net/lightspark is an avant-
garde/forefront browser flash player with modern hardware support
design and written from scratch. We could find it only on Packman
repository, but both gnash and swfdec are in standard OpenSuSE
repository (swfdec in Packman one too and in a more recent version).
Are there too some language (flash, swf files) legal troubles?
Carlo

Use Case:
Browser safer and efficiently with this plugin.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: If we could live free, but with a modern design plugin
it's better.
I'm tired to live with my CPU at least at 45% load with 64 bit flash
player "Square" p3:
http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10_square.html

+ #1: Sascha Peilicke (saschpe) (2010-12-17 15:43:43)
+ You should try to get in touch with the flash maintainer. Maybe it has
+ licensing issues and is therfore in Packman. Asking the packman guys
+ may help too.

List Navigation