[New: openFATE 310982] Please add Lightspark as a standard avant-garde/forefront browser flash player
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 19:40:07 +0100 (CET)
Feature added by: Carlo Strata (carlo_strata)

Feature #310982, revision 1
Title: Please add Lightspark as a standard avant-garde/forefront browser flash
player

Buildservice: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Carlo Strata (carlo_strata)

I think Lightspark https://launchpad.net/lightspark is an avant-garde/forefront
browser flash player with modern hardware support design and written from
scratch. We could find it only on Packman repository, but both gnash and swfdec
are in standard OpenSuSE repository (swfdec in Packman one too and in a more
recent version).

Are there too some language (flash, swf files) legal troubles?

Carlo

Use Case:
Browser safer and efficiently with this plugin.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: If we could live free, but with a modern design plugin it's
better.

I'm tired to live with my CPU at least at 45% load with 64 bit flash player
"Square" p3: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10_square.html

List Navigation