[openFATE 310979] Set the default mouse behaviour of KDE 4.x to double click to open files / folde
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 18:57:42 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Ricardo Gabriel Berlasso (RGBsuse)
Feature #310979, revision 4
Title: Set the default mouse behaviour of KDE 4.x to double click to
open files / folde

Requested by: Adam N (a-d4m)

Set the default mouse behaviour of KDE 4.x to double click to open
files / folders.
Current default is single-click to open files / folders

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: Many new users migrating from other operating systems are
more comfortable with a double-click behaviour.
Gnome users are more comfortable with double-click.
Accidentally hitting the mouse button will not resort in any action.
In absence of statistics, I believe most users change the single-click
behaviour to double-click.
I prefer double-click

+ #1: Ricardo Gabriel Berlasso (rgbsuse) (2010-12-13 18:56:51)
+ "In absence of statistics" a believe is not enough. For my part I
+ prefer the default behavior (single click to select --green plus sign--
+ and single click to open) and simply cannot tolerate the old school
+ double click when need to use windows or gnome based systems. On kde 3.
+ x I used to use double click, but when started using kde4 it took me
+ less than a minute to get used to the new system.

List Navigation