[openFATE 310046] yast2 progress report when downloadinadvance is set
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 12:32:48 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Dominik Heidler (dheidler)
Feature #310046, revision 3
Title: yast2 progress report when downloadinadvance is set

openSUSE-11.3: Rejected by Thomas Schmidt (digitaltomm)
reject reason: Not evaluated for 11.3

Requested by: Guillaume van Baalen (gvanbaalen)

This is a feature request for yast2.
As of now, when the option "downloadinadvance" is set for package
installation, the "perform installation" screen does not report
correctly how the overall installation is progressing.

What I mean is that there are two progress bars, one showing how much
of the current package is being downloaded/installed, and one
supposedly showing the overall process. So far, the "overall" progress
bar stays at 0% while packages are being downloaded, and shows progress
only when actually installing packages once they are all downloaded.
I guess it shouldn't be too hard to have the "overall" progress bar go
to 50% while packages are downloaded, then going from 50% to 100% while
they are installed.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: I want this because we have no clue right now as to
whether the installation will take seconds or minutes/hours...

+ #1: Dominik Heidler (dheidler) (2010-12-13 12:32:34)
+ Don't we already have this?
+ I tested it with openSUSE 11.4 Milestone 4 and it worked.