[New: openFATE 310924] LDAP authentication through user certificates
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 18:34:19 +0100 (CET)
Feature added by: Gregor Dschung (chkpnt)

Feature #310924, revision 1
Title: LDAP authentication through user certificates

Buildservice: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Gregor Dschung (chkpnt)

The user should be able to authenticate himself via x509.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: More and more companies are using smartcards or software
certificates for the communication with external customers or for their
internal services. So we do.

In our LDAP directory, there isn't a field like 'password', but the public key
of the users' certificate. It would be nice, if a user could use the OBS
appliance with his smartcard or software certificate, so we don't need to
maintain another user management.

List Navigation