[New: openFATE 310609] Yast2 log search
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 15:23:23 +0200 (CEST)
Feature added by: Christopher Yeleighton (yecril71pl)

Feature #310609, revision 1
Title: Yast2 log search

Requested by: Christopher Yeleighton (yecril71pl)

The system log viewer in Yast2 should allow searching and filtering the log.

Use Case:
My Connexant HSF (http://www.conexant.com/) modem driver is down since the
latest kernel update
(http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-security-announce/2010-09/msg00003.html)
and I was asked by Linuxant (http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hsf) support to
identify the previous kernel.  So I opened /var/log/YaST2/y2log
(file:///var/log/YaST2/y2log) in Yast2 System Log window and I tried to look
for kernel , but there is too much to read there and no search or filter
function.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: We want this because the system logs are long and it is tedious
and time-consuming to review them in whole when you are looking for something
specific.

List Navigation