[New: openFATE 310567] DEB/RPM Integration
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 18:18:44 +0200 (CEST)
Feature added by: Jeremy Thornton (leebrad)

Feature #310567, revision 1
Title: DEB/RPM Integration

openFATE: Unconfirmed

Package Wishlist: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Jeremy Thornton (leebrad)

Of course we all know that linux is great and a reliable system but the latest
focus is trying to get new users to adopt it. Is it possible from a developer
standpoint to integrate a system including packages like alien for deb etc,
that would allow SUSE to user either deb or rpm packages or better yet
introduce a brand new file type say .lnx for linux (easier since the intro for
SUSE build service) to begin a movement that would allow packages to be cross
compatible between linux systems so long as the kernel version is suppported?
This would bring a unifying and innovative solution to a common issue for linux
systems. Just an idea, I would like to see comments on its possibility.

List Navigation