[openFATE 308902] Configure SSSD via Yast
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 16:25:11 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: Klaus Kämpf (kwk)
Feature #308902, revision 7
Title: Configure SSSD via Yast

openSUSE-11.3: Rejected by Federico Lucifredi (a_jaeger)
reject date: 2010-07-20 09:29:40
reject reason: not done in time.

openSUSE-11.4: Evaluation

- Info Provider: (Novell)
Requested by: David Alston (dalston)

It would be great if we could configure the SSSD package
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SSSD) for local user/password
sync with either LDAP or Kerberos for offline authentication with Yast.
This is related to https://features.opensuse.org/308900
This is important if openSUSE is interested in being a significant
presence in Enterprise environments.

#1: Bidossessi SODONON (bidossessi) (2010-02-04 16:19:02)
I discovered the existence of this package through the hermes feed, and
i must say this is a MAJOR feature that should be included as soon as
it is declared stable.
I use Gonicus' Gosa for my users' accounts, and i had to fallback to
local because our network is a bit flaky and users would be locked out
of their machines time and time again (mandated wireless and lots of
power outages).
SSSD (or any equivalent) would mean the end of my remote user-
management nightmares in a multi-site all-openSUSE network.
I would strongly recommend it be reviewed.