[openFATE 309094] Clear console on exit for security reasons
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 22:18:16 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: jpxviii jpxviii (jpxviii)
Feature #309094, revision 4
Title: Clear console on exit for security reasons

+ Hackweek V: Unconfirmed
+ Priority
+ Requester: Important

Requested by: Fco. Javier Nacher (xiscoj)

hi,
I've seen that ubuntu clears console screen when the user does a
logout. If you use your linux as a sever or in text mode it is very
interesting. At the moment when you do a logout all your last
operations in console are visible, and I think it is a seucurity
problem.
I know that usually people use a GUI term, but it won't be a problem to
add this feature I've done it myself, just added this to my .
bash_logout.
# when leaving the console clear the screen to increase privacy if [
"$SHLVL" = 1 ]; then     [ -x /usr/bin/clear ] && /usr/bin/clear -q fi

So addind this to the user creation skeleton files would do it and
won't cost more than 2 minutes.

Bye and thanks

#1: Fco. Javier Nacher (xiscoj) (2010-02-26 10:43:26)
sorry I dind't put the new line character