[openFATE 308343] external screen detection
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 22:16:28 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: jpxviii jpxviii (jpxviii)
Feature #308343, revision 4
Title: external screen detection

+ openSUSE-11.4: Unconfirmed
+ Priority
+ Requester: Mandatory

Info Provider: marco mendoza (marcomendoza)
Requested by: marco mendoza (marcomendoza)

Dear Suse comunity,
Im proud to say Im getting involved into the Suse world, and even
though Im a simple user of the OS systems, I found essential to have a
performing OS in order to perform my current work. Whereas I got in
love to Opensuse (I did start with it wo knowing anything...ubuntu or
Suse...I have taken Suse and Im loving it), there is a couple of
current options from comercial OS systems that I feel it is missing
even in the last version of Opensuse. Particulary I would like to
suggest the necessity of having an external screen detection system, I
heart that some people manages to do it manually, but I think that such
functionality should be part of an OS at the level of Opensuse.
I have in in mind other couple of whishes, I will come with them in a
following post in case my suggestions are taken in consideration.
Thanks for commenting on this idea and the feasibility of it.
greetings
              Marco A.

#1: Thomas Schmidt (digitaltomm) (2010-01-12 18:46:27)
kde4 pops up a krandr window for me when an external monitor is plugged
in. Doesn't this work for you?