[openFATE 308955] Thunderbird KDE integration
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 19:11:23 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: jpxviii jpxviii (jpxviii)
Feature #308955, revision 3
Title: Thunderbird KDE integration

+ openSUSE-11.4: Unconfirmed
+ Priority
+ Requester: Important

Requested by: Peter Gumbrell (gumb)

Would be great if the same sort of KDE integration could be applied to
Thunderbird as with Firefox and OpenOffice. The interface in general
with TB3 on openSUSE 11.2 actually looks fine using the default theme,
but KDE file and helper application dialogs would be a big improvement.
Even better if this could be included with the 4.3.5 online update or
the possible openSUSE 11.2 KDE4.4 respin that I've heard rumours of.

Use Case:
Take my parents, using a KDE setup but with Firefox and Thunderbird as
the two main non-KDE apps installed, for whom the existing GTK file
dialogs completely throw them every time they need to pick a file
attachment, or to open/save attachments sent to them. It is the only
place on their system where they encounter non-KDE dialogs and they are
confused.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: I see Thunderbird and GIMP as the two other popular, key
apps having a large cross-desktop userbase that could do with better
KDE integration.